Thursday, July 30, 2009

crack this cd?

I am finding this cd intriguing. I am not sure if I really like it yet, but I keep trying it out. How is that for a muted endorsement? part of the trouble is that the bass gets busy and congested on my home and car system. This is no surprise in the car, but the home setup usually gets the bass fine. Listening to it yesterday with the eldest daughter, the bass was undefined and indistinct. There is lots there as the bassist plays hard, loud, and uses lots of double stops, but I keep wanting to hear it better.

So I am unconvinced, but I am still going back for another listen. The music is heavy metal, but it is, again, interesting. Check it out, try the crack the sky website which has cool graphics and mp3s. But be aware, the lower fidelity mp3s are easier to listen to than the cd because of the lossy compression. Weird that.

Here is a video, because it only makes sense to give you a taste of the music. Enjoy and rock out.

No comments:

Post a Comment