Sunday, July 26, 2009

fruity but dry

Really, as weird as it is using fruity and dry in the same description. I will try most beers. Chili beer is quite good, I even enjoy the pruney notes of an aged big alcohol ale. But most fruit beers are a some times thing for me. This beer is just good and I can always pick up a six. It is a wonderful summer beer, and goes great with spicy dishes.

The pic above shows a lighter yellow than I pour at home. There is not much foam to speak of. The base beer is an American wheat ale with no weird or interesting yeast notes. Pretty straightforward in fact. But oh my the apricot! You smell a bit, taste a bit, then comes the after taste. Mmmmm. It is on the fizzy side, but you can slam these if you are not careful.

So be careful, and savor it slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment