Monday, July 13, 2009

The Source

What a beer! It is a Pilsner, arguabley the original pilsner. Made from the soft waters in Bohemia, it is a wonder of hops. Not really balanced, it is hard on the hops, but not one dimensional like some American hop monsters. The beer is a golden yellow, the photo above does it justice, and it has some sweetness.

Sadly, the beer is too often skunked. There is a huge difference between a pristine and a poorly stored example of this brew. But a good pour of Pilsner Urquell is fresh and satisfying. More hops than mass market ameribrews, and it goes great with pizza or spicy foods.

I get this beer several times a year, often when I am not sure what I want to purchase. In that way, it is a bit of a stand by beer for me. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment