Monday, August 10, 2009

mini me

Well, mini heine is more correct. My friend Doug invited his cigar smoking friends, mine too, up to his house for a herf. A herf is where you get together and drink beer and smoke too many cigars. Good clean fun in other words. Sadly, I was the only person who made it. Happily, we had a jazzy time listening to tunes, smoking cigars, talking life and politics, and drinking beer.



I brought a Heineken mini keg to the meet. I was interested in trying one, and my own limited beer drinking capacity had kept me from getting one for myself. This little puppy was easy to use and spurted out excellent beer with no fuss. We both had several.



I usually prefer ales, but I recognize Heineken as a good German lager. Good examples of the beer have a clean taste but a rich, malty goodness under the hops. The ones from the mini keg were frankly outstanding. The exciting thing is that there are multiple choices in terms of the type of beer that is available in mini kegs. Behold. Well, behold up there as I cannot get Blogger to put the image down here.

I have seen ads for Newcastle in the mini keg. That would likely be outstanding as it would address the skunking issues I decried earlier. There are plenty of beers I would like to sample in this delivery system, but I need friends to help.

Thanks Doug and Toni for the great fun as we tried the mini keg! I hope more of our herfing pals show up for the next meeting. I will bring another mini keg for us to try.

3 comments:

  1. I used to do something similar when I was single. It was called "Heffing."

    That's when you would smoke cigars and bang three blonde bimbos just like Hugh Hefner does.

    Of course when I got married I had to get rid of my grotto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as Heinken goes on my list of prefered beverages it is below Aqua Velva and slightly above nail polish remover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heffing, that sounds like much more trouble than Herfing. A lot more fun though.

    I am not a big heine guy, but this was pretty good.

    Trey

    ReplyDelete