Monday, August 31, 2009

Slow Train Coming

It may be the devil, or it may be the Lord, but you gotta serve somebody.

What a great album! I just transfered this one to the hard drive, it is so great to hear Bob really enthused with a topic. Yes, it is aggressively Christian, yes, he really did get baptized in Pat Boone's pool, and yes, this is a great Dylan album. I have the SACD, which sounds fantastic. I have not heard the remastered version that was released a few years ago. Slow Train is great, so is I Believe In You, and the title track.

This video version from an awards show rocks hard. Bob was hoping the audience would hear him, you can feel it. And he is right you know, you gotta serve somebody.



I love the background singers and the driving rhythm on this version. Rock on Bob.

No comments:

Post a Comment