Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Bob's 47


Boulevard Brewing Company's "Oktoberfest" is a copper to orange ale with an immediately disappearing head. The nose is mild with just a tad of the malt coming through. The flavor is very balanced, more balanced than I like a real Oktoberfest beer in fact. I like a strong malt presence in mine, and this lacked that. It almost has a lager feel to it because it is so smooth. It is certainly pleasant, but not what I hoped for due to the labeling. I bet I would have enjoyed it much more if labeled as a nut brown.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds delish- I'll look for some. Say where does it originate anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when I was in college. If you ever met a girl whose nickname was Bob, why you made sure you asked her out. Just sayn'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a date with Bob last night? Kinky, but not necessarily in a good way.

    The beer is made at Boulevard Brewing in Kansas City. They list it as a Munich Lager, but I am sticking with the nut brown appelation.

    ReplyDelete