Tuesday, September 1, 2009

More from the Dark Side


Yet another stout. I got a dark beer sampler from the package store that is on my way home from work. I really enjoy dark beers anyway, and this way I can post more often about different brews. Today's effort is Dark Star Stout from the Starr Hill brewery.


It pours with a nice head that quickly vanishes, but it leaves nice lace on the side of the glass. The aroma is a little chocolate and some roast malt. The flavor has a little smoke in it! Just a touch, it is a bit fizzy, and hits you with some roasted bitterness at the start of the flavor profile. The lingering taste is satisfying. It is a little thin in the mouth, but not as thin as a Guinness.


This is not a killer stout, but it is a good one. I like the way the flavor improves as the beer warms up. I bet it would be great with Mexican food! The best part to me is the smokey, roasted flavors. I would be happy to see this at a party, but not so happy I would cry.


No comments:

Post a Comment